It’s time for another travel quiz! India is home to thousands of miles of gorgeous coastline and beaches. So which one is right for you? Are you a relaxed beach bum or ready to hit the waves running? Take our quiz to see which Indian beach fits your personality.
When it comes to Indian beaches…
- What’s your ideal day at the beach?
- Making friends with the locals, impromptu dance sessions, maybe a game of pickup volleyball.
- Surfing, snorkeling – whatever I can find that’s active and adventurous!
- Chilling in a chair and not thinking about anything.
- What interests you most about the beach?
- It’s a great place to soak up the local culture.
- I can try out new activities or improve my existing water sport skills.
- It lets me relax and take my mind off things.
- Are you looking for a more authentic experience?
- Absolutely! Touristy kitschy stuff isn’t my style.
- I could take it or leave it. I do what interests me and if that involves culture, that’s a bonus.
- Not particularly. My focus is on pampering myself.
- Are you traveling with a group?
- Nope! Solo traveler right here!
- Yes! My friends and me.
- Yes, my family and me.
- How much time do you have on vacation?
- As long as I feel like. I don’t have definite plans.
- A couple weeks.
- A few days.
- How far are you willing to go for adventure?
- However far it takes. It’s part of the fun!
- I’ll go wherever the waves take me.
- Not too far. I don’t want to spend my vacation rushing about.
- How do you feel about crowds?
- I avoid crowds like the plague.
- I don’t like crowds, but it’s part of traveling.
- I don’t mind crowds – it’s a great opportunity to meet new people!
Mostly A’s: Gokarna, Karnataka
This beach is a backpacker’s paradise. The region’s most common visitors are religious pilgrims, so travelers can rest assured they’ll get a break from the most popular beaches. Gokarna is 3.5 hours by car from the nearest big city, Goa, so if you’re looking to get away from the city for a day trip or extended weekend, this is the place for you. And while the drive seems daunting, you will be treated to exquisite views of the Arabian Sea and Western Ghats along the way.
Mostly B’s: Tarkali, Maharashtra
If the wind and the sand beckon you to surf, answer the call in Tarkali. This beach was made for lovers of the outdoors. Parasailing, scuba diving, and snorkeling are all popular activities, and it’s not hard to see why: the region is home to one of the best coral reefs on the Indian mainland. When you’re done exploring the wonders of the sea, be sure to check out some of the nearby ancient forts.
Mostly C’s: Palolem, Goa
If your idea of a beach is doing absolutely nothing but relax, welcome to Palolem! It checks all the beach stereotypes from coconut palms to smooth sands. In addition to relaxing in a chaise lounge and sipping a cocktail, you’ll find ample opportunities to join a yoga class or book a massage. Or if you’re up for something different, check out one of the nearby silent discos.
Ready to hit the beach? Call Jaya! We’ll create a custom beach holiday just for you – start with a free quote!